Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What is the Hardest Language to learn?

What a wonderful question. As someone who can speak more than 83 human languages, 7 demon languages, 2 elven languages, a dwarven language, and Esperanto, I must say that all languages are easy. The hardest are definitely Demon languages, because they have a different mouth than us, and humans can't pronounce some sounds in it. This sound is known as the voiceless lateral epiglottal trill. I just fake it with an epiglottal trill and some luck. There are some other sounds too, but they aren't nearly as needed or hard. Elven does have multiple tones (at once) and has way too many vowels, but it is possible. The only language that I have tried to learn and can't is Kwhúúmish. And it isn't actually that hard of a language. It only has three vowels (i, u, a) with 7 tones (high, mid, low, lower, high rising, low falling, and mid-low-high) and the vowels being contrasted by length, nasalization, glottalizaiton, pharlengization, and other things. And it only has about six stops (p, t, d[retroflex], c, k, q +') that are contrasted by length, labialization, aspiration, palatalization, pharlengizaiton, and more. THere are no nasals, and only 2 approximants. I just don't know why I cant learn it. Until later...
Mythos Wyrm.










And yes I can speak french, I just choose not to.

No comments: